Home

Tuesday, November 4

Obama's Acceptance Speech

Well, it is over. We have a new President of the United States of America.


Here is a link to his acceptance speech:



I will admit, it was a good speech. He is a good speaker, which is why he ultimately won. I think that if people were really hearing/understanding what he has been saying, they wouldn't have voted for him. (Although, I have to admit, I felt the same way about Mc Cain). He worries me and I do hope that Obama turns out to be a better President than I think he will.

4 comments:

The Student said...

I like Obama, and I listen to what he says, not the way he speaks. I can't talk politics with you people. You, or mom. You know, talking about politics years ago was a no-no. A NO-NO!

Christine said...

You know now is the time I ask you what you like about what he says....

Christine said...

and I think you don't like talking politics with us because you agree with us and you don't like that! ;)

The Student said...

I like the fact that Obama is going to lower taxes for people that get payed under 250,000 a year.

I like the idea of affordable healthcare (you know dad can't get insurance anywhere because of all the things wrong with him?)

Obama's going to end the war in Iraq and bring the troops home. He's going to send more troops to Afganistan to fight the people that actually attacked us.

He's going to bring Republicans into his cabinet.

I especially like the fact that he's for equal rights of gays.

An energy plan that doesn't include oil companies. We can't run off oil forever.

You can go to his website and print 60+ pages of what he wants to do. I did that when mom said the same thing as you (Obama is just a good speaker).

I'm not just blindly supporting a president. You'd be surprised at how many kids talk about politics at school.


She's an attorney
and she's busy.
Much too busy for
blogging, anyway.


You can visit her
here if you need
representation.

And you can view
all her posts here.