Home

Friday, January 4

Weight Loss

The health club we belong to is awesome! They have activities for the kids like swim team, tennis, and a game room-which is a huge deal to me.

As part of our (expensive) membership, I get to see a personal trainer 5 times for free. Today was my first visit. We determined that I am fat (178.2 lbs~although, I did lose 2.8 lbs), my resting heart rate is too high (85 bpm), and I am at high risk for procrastinating (duh, I think I know that). So, after that depressing meeting, I went and did the eliptical machine for 17 minutes (have to start somewhere).

My next meeting with the meanie (Personal trainer) is Monday. He will then show me EXACTLY what to do for MY body. What machines to use, how to use them, for how long, etc... This is exactly what I wanted.

I have to lose weight. I want to look good by summer and I want to win a contest at my kids' school. The contest is this: Person who loses the highest percentage of body fat wins the Grand Prize of $1500. I have also talked Hubby into buying me my dream camera when I hit my goal weight.

I will be posting on here my progress so I have to be accountable. I figure if the whole world knows what I am trying to do, it will be harder to stop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting started! I am with you. We'll keep track together. I also am quitting smoking today. Sigh.

The Student said...

"My next meeting with the meanie (Personal trainer) is Monday." T, you're funny, lol. So you want to get a camera? Those things are fun.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view


She's an attorney
and she's busy.
Much too busy for
blogging, anyway.


You can visit her
here if you need
representation.

And you can view
all her posts here.