Home

Sunday, October 5

First Day of Work

Well, I don't think I will HATE it.

First day of work went alright. I know I can do this kind of work. I mean, I have five kids I have been wiping and bathing for the last 13 years. Last night wasn't much different. Just older people.

I am having a hard time with the invasion of privacy thing. I mean, I know I knock to go in to their rooms, but it's still weird. Or with helping them go to the restroom, it's such a private act to me. I wonder how these people feel to be in the position to need so much help with such normal daily living.

I will tell you that I really didn't do that much last night. I followed one of the other CNA's the entire night. I am sure I will be doing more tonight.

My biggest struggle right now is so much time is taken out of my weekend. I am not quite sure yet how to juggle everything. I have a paper due on Wednesday and I don't have time this weekend to write it.

School and work and five kids is a pretty big struggle. I don't know how people go to work full time and school full time and then take care of kids and home.

I have to brag about hubby for a minute. Last night when I got home the house was clean. I mean, CLEAN. He had done laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and mopped the floor. He had even gotten on the kids about their rooms. It was really nice to come home to a clean house.

4 comments:

The Attorney said...

I'm glad work went well. I don't know if I could do what you are doing in helping people go to the bathroom and stuff.

I'm proud of Brandon!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! He's hired. . . send him over :)
That kind of work would be hard for me too. They are lucky to have someone empathetic.

chocolate and whine said...

You're my hero! Seriously. I don't know how you're doing it, but I think you're amazing!

Remember, there's a transition period with everything. Give yourself time to get used to it all. You'll be great!

Christine said...

Thanks guys. I know it will take time to get used to it all, but boy, it sure would be easier if it were all perfect right away. :)


She's an attorney
and she's busy.
Much too busy for
blogging, anyway.


You can visit her
here if you need
representation.

And you can view
all her posts here.