Home

Sunday, October 19

My New Car

With gas prices where they are, it has become more and more difficult for us to drive. You see, I drive this:


Isn't it lovely? I love my car. Because of this, I am having really hard time wanting to be seen in my new car, a 1999 Dodge Ram Van:




Now, trust me. These pictures make it look better than it really does. The pictures are leaving out the dents that are all over it and the faded paint spots. Oh, and lets not forget the rust at the top of the sliding door that's eroding the metal.

I know that I am acting like a spoiled brat (at least I can admit it.) You see, I was the kid that was dropped off at school, in the wealthiest city, in the UGLIEST BEATER cars EVER! (Mom, remember the shit brown chevy nova?) I mean, at least we had a car, but still.

I am trying really hard not to be this way. I will get over it, but we just got this thing and all the feelings are still fresh.

Oh yeah, I should tell you why we got this thing. It cost $11.00 to fill it up at $0.83 per gallon and it gets about 15 miles per gallon. This van is CNG or Certified Natural Gas. We will be saving $500 each month because we won't be paying the high gas prices.

Let me not forget to also mention that Hubby sold his beautiful truck in order to afford this van that I am being such a bitch about. Sigh.

Here is his beautiful truck that he sold:

Goal for the rest of my life? Be less ungrateful and remember that Hubby is trying his damnedest to give us what he can.

3 comments:

chocolate and whine said...

I totally understand how you feel. Let's just be honest. We're grateful to the people that provide for us and give us what we need and/or want, but sometimes it's hard not to be disappointed when something doesn't quite turn out the way we were hoping or anticipating. Don't beat yourself up too hard about feeling that way, but I AM proud of you for trying to focus your thoughts on the positive.

Maybe in the future you'll be able to take some of that money you'll be saving and get a paint job???

The Student said...

That thing is huge!

The Attorney said...

I like it. I know the Excursion was a nice car, but the gas mileage on this new beast should make up for that. :)))


She's an attorney
and she's busy.
Much too busy for
blogging, anyway.


You can visit her
here if you need
representation.

And you can view
all her posts here.