Home

Sunday, October 19

I don't know if I'm going to vote

And let me tell you why.

First, I will have to figure out where I am registered to vote. I think it's too late to register in time to vote, so I have to figure out where I last registered to vote.

Second, I am somewhat overwhelmed by the stupidity and avarice of the current politicians currently in office, both republicans and democrats. The state of our economy is a result of politics, various activities I won't go into right now (such as the democrats wanting all underprivileged people to have houses, just like the rich people).

I don't think it matters any more who we vote for. The people who run the government are supposed to be our "servants", and I think they are all just a bunch of self-interested political hacks trying to have power so that they can get rich and do what they want for the people who donate to them.

So what's the point?

Except that I have always felt that if I don't vote, I have no right to complain.

The problem with the current candidates is that no one says specifically what they will do to fix the current problems, especially so that they will never happen again. They each speak in generalities, and then the other side tries so scare us by telling us what specifically the other side will to to achieve their agenda, and we can't tell if they're lying or not.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I know, it all sucks right now. Neither major candidate is very good in my opinion. But, PLEASE vote for someone. Even a different party if you have to. Check out the Constitution Party-http://www.constitutionparty.com/. Let your voice be heard.

chocolate and whine said...

What T said!


She's an attorney
and she's busy.
Much too busy for
blogging, anyway.


You can visit her
here if you need
representation.

And you can view
all her posts here.