Home

Friday, November 21

Death Poem

I had to write a poem about death, dying, or old age for my CNA class. The idea is to help us understand what it is like for others who are grieving and when we need to step back because we are to close to the situation.

Now, in my mind, I have zero creativity. I don't have bullshit in my writing, it tends to be very blunt. So, I asked hubby to help me write it and this is what we came up with:

Rejected.
Feared.

The body decides to be done.
The brain wants to fight as the soul starts to move on.

Ultimate.
Final.

The body releases its last breath.

Death.


Like I said, I am not very creative ;). Hubby came up with a list of words that go with death, I did the rest. At least I get points for trying.

3 comments:

The Attorney said...

I liked it, T. Do you know how you did yet?

Christine said...

Not yet. I will probably find out next week.

ZENDOM said...

Last breath is followed by death!

Yes it is here no longer to be
You have had the final resting stop you see
For the world collapsed and no longer there
There is nothing I cannot do as do I care
So as you were hanging on to your last breath
This is what Webster defines what we call death

enjoy(+)
Dom*:)


She's an attorney
and she's busy.
Much too busy for
blogging, anyway.


You can visit her
here if you need
representation.

And you can view
all her posts here.