Home

Thursday, October 16

My Day

Today the kids and I all the piled up laundry down to the laundromat to get it done all at once.

Just after we got there, a found a black widow right at the bottom of the washer I had just half filled with clothes. There was no way I was going to spend time there with that thing, so I piled all the kids back into the car and ran home and got the bug spray. After killing the widow, I saw another web and decided to spray it too. I don't know what the web belonged to but a wolf spider got hit with the spray and started running towards us! EWWW!!! About an hour later, another wolf spider started walking out of hiding. At this point, I was so stressed out by the bugs that I was starting to get really cranky.

A little while later Corey, aka #1 or my oldest, got mad at me and started with the smart mouth attitude that 13 year olds are so good at. I started talking to him VERY stern. I wasn't yelling, but I was VERY stern. Well, I guess this bothered an older lady that was there. She walks over to me, taps me on the shoulder (while I am sternly talking) and says excuse me. I turned on her with daggers in my eyes. She then proceeds to hand me $8.00 and tells me to take my kids out to pizza because she doesn't get to take her grandkids out to pizza. I wanted to tell her to back off, instead I just said "Thank You." I was so dumbfounded. I couldn't believe she just did that. It was weird.

And speaking of weird, about half an hour before we left, an older man (probably about 60) walks in. He was wearing really big, thick glasses, jean shorts, and a t-shirt. As he was putting his laundry in the dryer, he bends over and you can see his ENTIRE HAIRY BUTT CRACK! Not just the top. Oh no. The ENTIRE ASS! Well, of course the kids and I are all cracking (pun intended) up. OMG. Someone, not me, should tell him to pull his pants up.

We were there for 4 hours, thank God it is all done now, and I get clean sheet day.

8 comments:

Tish said...

YUCK - Spiders!

YEAH - clean sheets!!

Robin said...

LOL at butt crack man!

It's times like those (trips to the laundry mat) that make me happy I live hundred's of miles away otherwise I know you would have dragged my ass with you. Its like a ritual. Laundry mats, wood hunting and grocery stores. There is just no escape.

Christine said...

Oh yes, but instead I drag my kids with me. ;)

chocolate and whine said...

What is it with you and spiders??? I don't think I can come to Utah anymore.

Christine said...

They like me, I guess.

The Attorney said...

I hope there are no spiders in your home for Thanksgiving. Can you and Brandon fumigate before we all come??? Please???

Christine said...

Before you panic, remember, these spiders were at the Laundromat, not at my house.

The Student said...

Hairy buttcrack? Not attractive.


She's an attorney
and she's busy.
Much too busy for
blogging, anyway.


You can visit her
here if you need
representation.

And you can view
all her posts here.